The update happens January 17; preparation begins at 02:00 PT/ 05:00 ET until 05:00 PT/ 08:00 ET
We've seen some questions about mods -- please note that any mods previously installed may cause compatibility issues with any update. If you have mods and have difficulty playing, try launching the normal game in "Safe Mode" using the drop-down arrow next to the "Play" button, then uninstall or otherwise remove the mods.
If you're still having trouble, contact Support. If you're on a mobile device, you can message them on Twitter.
Update notes are subject to change!
Update 0.7.0.1 is scheduled for release with server downtime starting January 18, 02:00 PT (05:00 ET) until 03:00 PT (06:00 ET).
- This fixes a bug where the game won't start for players who selected the "Ranked Battles" filter in the Carousel before Update 0.7.0 released
- "Warrior’s Path" map excluded from League of Sea Wolves matchmakerin Ranked Battles due to the above technical issue.
Insignia | Port Camera | Training Room | High School Fleet | Co-Op Matchmaker Changes | Improvements | New Content
Make your account stand out after Update 0.7.0 using special Patches and Emblems.
Profile Emblems demonstrate your skill and ensure you stand out from the sea of other captains. Earn yours by reaching a specific level of average damage during your last 100 battles with ships of a certain class in Random Battles; or through significant contributions to a specific number of victories gained while playing with ships from different nations in Random Battles.
- Earn Emblems by playing ships tier VIII+
- Emblems currently divided into four levels of complexity, with each level more spectacular and detailed than the one before it
- All available Emblems are in your Profile, selectable only after completing the corresponding criteria to earn them -- check in-game after the update for more information
Earn Patches after completing personal combat missions -- they consist of two elements, a symbol and a background. The current update brings four standard symbols and five backgrounds, with one symbol and one background selected by default.
When in Port, you can view all available Distinctive Insignias, create a Patch of available elements, or select an earned Emblem. When you select a Distinctive Insignia, it's updated in your Profile. Only one Patch or Emblem in the Distinctive Insignia category can be selected at a time.
You'll see the players' Distinctive Insignias displayed in a pop-up hint on the battle loading screen, in the player list, battle results screen, chat and on the website.
When you destroy an enemy warship, the enemy will see your distinctive insignia, and if an enemy sinks you, you'll see theirs. Once your warship is destroyed, you can switch the camera to ships of other players and view their insignias.
Access the Distinctive Insignias section through the corresponding option in the Profile tab of your Service Record section, or in the drop-down window displayed when clicking your nickname, and keep an eye on the website for more info about how to earn them.
With the release of the Update, you'll be able to view your ships in the Port from new perspectives. You can examine in detail the main and secondary guns, AA batteries, torpedo tubes, and deck aircraft without needing to click on them. Take beautiful panoramic shots of your ships fully zoomed out; or check out the elegant outlines using the top-down view.
Ships now fit in completely in-frame when viewed from the maximum camera distance.
When you reach Service Record Level 15, you can create a Training Room Battle to test ship loadouts and tactics for Random or Clan Battles or re-enact historic battles to your heart's content. You define the number of participants, ship types and nationalities, maps and even weather conditions. Don’t worry about economy or service costs – you don’t expend ammo or consumables, or pay for the post-battle service of your ship in these training battles.
You won’t earn Credits in Training Rooms though.
The Training Room creator can:
- Distribute players between two teams of up to 12 players each for a maximum of 24
- Establish nations or tier or ship type limits - there's a maximum 12 ships of each type except carriers which have a maximum of three per team
- Select the map, type weather conditions and duration of a battle
- Add a description to a Training Room so other players can find it
- Limit access by setting a password
The room creator can invite players to join the room and distribute them between two teams: Alpha and Bravo, while assigning commanders for both teams. These commanders can then invite players into their own teams. There is also an option to hide the ships of both teams, activated with the "Hide enemy ships" menu option.
Also, test the main guns of your newly purchased ship and find out just where to hit the citadels of enemy ships by adding inactive training target ships to the battle.
Check out new camo patterns on IJN Musashi, IJN Yamato and HSF Harekaze and a new collection. Assign four new Commanders to your ships and complete a 35-item collection with brief descriptions of the characters featuring in the "High School Fleet" anime series.
We'll announce High School Fleet Bundles and Missions on the website Jan. 18!
Not happy with the new camo? Hide them in the Port "Carousel" menu above the ship carousel on the right.
We made further enhancements to the Cooperative Battle Matchmaker, featuring bot-operated carriers and battleships in battles even if players helm none. The type of AI-commanded ship depends on which type of ship is the most numerous in a particular battle.
- If your team is composed of 1 battleship, 3 cruisers and two destroyers (with cruisers being the most numerous type), one bot-operated destroyer is matched to the battle
- If destroyers outnumber all other ship types, a battleship is added
- If battleships have the most representation, a cruiser is matched to that battle
- If two types of ships have equal representation in a battle, bot-driven ships are added in the following order of priority: battleship, cruiser and destroyer
- Any bot-driven ship matched into a battle may only be taken from the list of researchable ships and belongs to the tier of a player's minimum-tier ship in a given battle provided that the required type of ship is available at that tier
- If there are no ships of the required type, the next ship type is selected according to the above-mentioned sequence
- Bots added until there are eight players on each team.
All standard rules of matchmaking apply:
- The setup of a bot team mirrors a player team
- There may be no more than one carrier on each team
We want to make Cooperative Battles more interesting so you can test your skills in encounters against more versatile enemy teams.
- Minor changes to ship geometry and textures of Duguay-Trouin, Saipan, and Hsienyang
- Tirpitz: Added a range finder to be mounted on the ship along with the Halloween-inspired Magnus camo
- Wickes: Fixed a bug causing first-person camera view to descend too low and too close to the water surface or go underwater
- Ranger: Added 20% bonus to protection of steering gear against HE shell damage
- Shchors: Increased thickness of the aft-end armor plating from 13mm to 16mm
- Giulio Cesare: Reduced arming threshold for AP main gun shells to 53mm and for AP shells from secondary battery to 20mm
- Leningrad: Increased normalization angle for AP shells from 8 to 10 degrees
- Fixed bugs causing camera to move to empty spaces instead of required ship elements when closely viewing a Halloween Camo-clad ship's secondary battery in Port
- Updated Yamato exterior by increasing number of fine details on guns and range finders and fixing the main gun turn angles due to replacement of the gun models (-2 degrees to gun fire sectors for third main turret, +2 degrees to gun fire sectors for second main turret)
- Charles Martel: added animation for the aft-end radar rotation
- Fixed a bug making it impossible to buy out a rented Premium ship with a Commander if you lacked a vacant Reserve space
- Added new effects for destruction of the airdrome in “The Ultimate Frontier” Operation
- Added “Attack” markers for key ships of “The Ultimate Frontier” (carrier Raptor, Whiskey-class destroyers) and ships designated as targets in the task requiring you to destroy two ships being attacked by the aerodrome squadrons within the allocated time -- destroying these ships when the marker displays above them counts towards your individual progress for “Exterminator” “Raider” and “Ravager” Achievements
- Changed priority order for display of detection icons: Highest priority assigned to detection by Surveillance Radar and Hydroacoustic Search, next-highest icons show detection by ships and eventually detection by air, provided there's no danger of detection by other means
- Fixed bug with mounting Defensive AA Fire Modification 1 upgrade on battleship Duke of York -- if you had this upgrade mounted, it's taken to your Inventory
- New Year-inspired ship horns removed, horns now play their standard sounds
- "Ranked Battles" filter removed from Carousel filter -- now, ships available for this battle type are filtered automatically when the Ranked Battles game type is chosen
- Division control changed: Division chat and Division menu combined
Developers, Supertesters and other special contributors can test US tier VI destroyer Monaghan, British tier VII destroyer Cossack, and Japanese tier VIII destroyer Asashio.
With the next Update 0.7.1 only the following ships are available for in-game purchase with Doubloons:
Alabama, Tirpitz, Perth, Kii, Duca d'Aosta, Lo Yang, Leningrad, Atago, De Grasse, Hood, Yubari, Sims, Molotov, Graf Spee, Błyskawica.
You can also find these ships in the Premium Shop.
The ships remaining on regular sale are the most popular and "comfortable" to play, while other ships are to be periodically available for purchase.
This update adds Japanese tier IX battleship Musashi, sister ship of the mighty Yamato. Get her for 750,000direct from your tech tree!
Bring Home Mighty Mo
Now's your chance to pick up the US tier IX USS Missouri for in-game Free XP -- she's departing on release of Update 0.7.2. We decided two ships occupying the same niche at the time is one too many. Get grinding, you can still get Missouri for another month.