Testing is vital to game development, and we value your feedback immensely. A Public Test is your chance to be heard! Not only do you sample the latest features coming to World of Warships, but participants get rewards. Visit the Public Test training page for further details on how to register for and install.
Try the Public Test Now!
Updated 7/22: We had a new small update to the Public Test.
Note: If you've downloaded the Update and see "The data obtained from the update service is incorrect."
You will need to uninstall your Public Test Client, and perform a full reinstall. We're working on the issue, thank you for your patience.
New Cooperative Battles
Since the earliest versions of the game, Cooperative Battles existed as a lighter version of Random Battles. Despite the casual manner of these PvE battles (or perhaps because of it), a lot of you have enjoyed playing against bots, cooperating with other players rather than competing with them.
In Update 0.5.9, we're adding a new mode called "Assault" to the Cooperative Battles rotation. In Assault, you'll stand firm against superior enemy forces, and unlike regular co-op battles, this mode has a few twists.
Available when playing with tier IV-VIII ships.
Assault is for tiers IV-VII,. and special scenarios on each of the following maps:
- Strait (tiers IV-VI): Players attack an enemy base
- Fault Line (tiers V-VII): Players defend two bases
- Estuary (tiers VI-VIII): Players defend two bases
The future of Cooperative Battles considerably depends on the feedback that we will receive from you. Don't hesitate to let us know what you think about Assault!
Voice Chat in Divisions
To help you overcome great challenges in PvP and PvE, we have added built-in voice chat for easier communication when in a Division.
Enable voice chat in the Sound options menu.
Visibility System Improved
The visibility system, spotting ranges, and how smoke screens conceal your movement were sometimes difficult for Players to to fully understand. For this reason, we've made a couple of major changes to the visibility system, with the overall objective of making it clearer to Players.
We've added an option to enable the display of the edges of a smokescreen on the water's surface. This should help players see the real edge of the smokescreen and plan their actions better in the heat of battle.
Situation Awareness is a popular Skill which displays a notification about the detection of enemy ships. It's being given to everyone by default and removed from the Commander Skills tree.
This is intended to make gameplay more enjoyable, as both beginners and more experienced players who would habitually pick the Situation Awareness Skill for all their ships can now focus on other Skills instead. The rules for compensation are as follows:
- If Situation Awareness is the only researched level 1 skill of the Commander, it will be replaced with Basics of Survivability skill
- If the Commander has other level 1 skills besides Situation Awareness, they will be reimbursed the price of the Situation Awareness skill (1 point)
Smokescreen mechanics have been made more stable and predictable:
- The Smokescreen will start setting two seconds after the consumable is activated. We've also eliminated many unpleasant situations regarding sighting ships when setting smoke, which resulted in ships "blinking" while setting the screen
If the smoke screen is being set while the ship is in motion and enemies are straight ahead or to the side, the ship will always be spotted according to the following rules:
- If the speed of the ship is up to or including 12.5 knots: smoke covers the ship when it is in motion
- If the speed of the ship is greater than 12.5 knots: smoke does not cover the ship when it is in motion
Aircraft visibility rules are now similar to those for ships. Now aircraft outside of the visibility range of a ship won’t be seen, but will still be displayed on the minimap.
Players will now be able to see shells and torpedoes spotted both personally and by teammates.
U.S. Battleship Armor Revisions
We are continually revising all the armor models within World of Warships. Our goal is to bring models created at different stages of development up to the same standard of detail.
As part of Update 0.5.9, in-game models of both the U.S. Battleships and the British Premium warship HMS Warspite were refined. In some cases, this led to a redistribution of the inner part of the ship's durability points (within a 5% limit).
We've also improved the details of bevels and lines, creating additional conditions for AP shells to ricochet in some situations, especially when they hit the bow or stern of the ship. Armor interaction with HE fragmentation shells and bombs is not affected.
- We've responded to community desires for an improved minimap, and implemented the ability to save settings for each ship as in addition to providing the ability to set the transparency of the rings on the minimap
- The account level system is improved: we added videos to the progression to show the new options available with each level, and we improved the layout of the progression window
- Several maps have changes aimed at allowing players to get into the heat of battle faster
- The following ships are now available in the game client for testing by developers and supertesters: Nassau, Kaiser, König, Bayern, Gneisenau, Bismarck, Friedrich der große, Großer Kurfürst, and Dunkerque. These ships are not available for purchase or research, but players may encounter them in battle
0.5.9 Public Test
Starts July 19 at 09:30 PT / 12:30 ET
Ends July 25 at 06:00 PT / 09:00 ET
Public Test Rewards
Participation in a Public Test scores you some booty!
Win three Random or Cooperative battles as part of a Division to receive five of every Signal Flag.
Win 10 Random or Cooperative battles in a U.S. battleship to receive one day of Premium time.
Get 10 Type "6" Camouflage patterns (+100% XP per battle) on the live server for winning 10 Random or Cooperative battles in a destroyer
Warning: You must register your Public Test account with the same email address as your live account to collect your rewards. No exceptions.
Rewards will be delivered via Bonus Code to your email address when Update 0.5.9 officially hits.
Do I Have to Start From Nothing?
No way! Progress in the Public Test is accelerated. Your Public Test account is granted the following:
- You'll start with tier IV ships manned by Commanders with tons of Skills!
- Account level 10 upon first login, including all the rewards you'd earn along the way with fast progression to levels 11 and 12.
- XP research requirements and module prices drastically reduced for ships tier V and up
- Seven days of Premium time
- 30,000 Doubloons to spend on Commander skills, Premium consumables, or anything else you'd like
- 500,000,000 Credits (buy whatever your heart desires)
- 10 Signal Flags of each type.
Please note that resources and progress from previous Public Tests are wiped.