The update happens April 19; preparation begins at 03:00 PT/ 06:00 ET until 05:00 PT/ 08:00 ET.
French Cruisers | Interface | Ship Balance and Appearance Changes | Maps and Weather | Technical Updates | New Content
We've seen some questions about mods. Please note that any mods previously installed may cause compatibility issues with any update. If you have mods and have difficulty playing, uninstall or otherwise remove the mods first.
If you're still having trouble, contact Support.
Update notes are subject to change.
French cruisers are here!
The new branch includes Bougainville, Jurien de la Gravière, Friant, Duguay-Trouin, Émile Bertin, La Galissonnière, Algérie, Charles Martel, Saint- Louis, and Henri IV.
- The branch starts with light cruisers armed with big, long-range guns with excellent armor-piercing potential - 165mm at tier II, 139mm at Tier III, 155mm at tier IV and 152mm for tier V and VI
- French cruiser torpedoes have great aiming angles, a 6km range starting at tier III and IV, and a 9km range starting at tier V
- Torpedo protection starting at tier III reduces torpedo damage by 16% at tier VII, and climbs slightly up to tier X
- French cruisers transition from light cruisers to heavy cruisers at tier VI with a thicker armor belt and access to a unique cruiser consumable
- Starting at tier VI, French cruisers can mount an "Engine Boost" consumable that gives tier VI-VII ships 15% bonus active for to their maximum speed, and a 20% bonus to tiers VIII-X
- Cruisers tier VII and up are considered "full" heavy cruisers and have long-range, hard-hitting 203mm guns, torpedoes, and swift speed
- Befitting its royal name, Henri IV sits at the top of the new French cruiser branch and has the largest caliber tier X cruiser guns and the highest standard speed of all tier X cruisers
For more information about the new ships, watch "Developers' Diary!"
We're increasing the space for usernames displayed in the in-game stats (Tab key) by approximately six to seven characters, and by four to five in the post-battle stats.
With the approach of a Cyclone, your spotting range decreases gradually. Your exact spotting range will now be displayed on the screen on the Cyclone approach indicator.
In addition, we've also added two new game window modes: a window with no border, and a "borderless" full-screen window.
Added system notifications for:
- Creating a Clan; adding or changing Clan description, name, or tag; inviting players to a Clan; joining or accepting a Clan invite; leaving a Clan; excluding a player from a Clan; changing positions; delegating Clan management authority
We also added a context menu for the "Clan" tab, ideal for both players searching for a suitable Clan and players who are already in one. You can open it by right-clicking on a Clan or player name in the "Clans" section.
Added Port music and notifications to Clan section of Port when interacting with interface elements for both a Clan player opening the Clan tab in their Port, and for a non-Clan tab when you go to the Clan page from the account menu.
Basic sea detectability range decreased for:
- Grozovoi: reduced from 8.82km to 8.29km
- New Orleans: reduced from 12.42 to 11.82km
Main turrets turn time reduced:
- Mogami 155mm guns: from 51.4s to 36s
- Fubuki, Akatsuki, Kagero: from 30s to 26.1s
- Yugumo, Shimakaze: from 25.7s to 22.8s
- Mutsuki stock guns: from 30 seconds to 25.7 seconds
Admiral Hipper, Hindenburg, Prinz Eugen, and Roon: Thickness of fore end plating, aft end plating, casemate plating and respective decks increased from 25mm to 27mm.
These changes should improve the survivability and combat efficiency of the above cruisers. Their hull sections can now withstand hits from and 155mm HE shells without the bonus provided by the "Inertia Fuse" Skill. The 27mm armor can effectively counteract the "guaranteed" armor penetration ability of 380mm and 381mm AP shells.
Des Moines: Upper deck armor thickness increased from 27 to 30mm to withstand hits by HE shells up to 180mm without the bonus provided by the "Inertia Fuse" Skill. Her armor is capable of effectively counteracting the previously "guaranteed" armor penetration from all in-game AP shells, except those of Yamato's 460mm guns.
Shimakaze, Yugumo, and Zao: Detectability range of Type F3 torpedoes reduced from 1.9km to 1.8km.
For Shimakaze, the detectability range of Type 93 mod. 3 torpedoes reduced from 1.9km to 1.7km.
Commanders of destroyers should aggressively use Type F3 torpedoes, as they require maximum concentration with a high cost for errors. If you select the right target and launch your torpedoes at the right moment, your risk will pay off. The decrease in torpedo detectability range will allow you to demonstrate your close-range skill and pose a greater threat for enemies within an 8km radius, especially artillery destroyers.
Type 93 mod. 3 torpedoes are for less risky gameplay, though we noticed they're less threatening to enemies due to their excessive detectability distance and moderate 67-knot speed. The reduction of their detectability range to 1.7km should make playing Shimakaze in this configuration more comfortable while enhancing the destroyer's role in fighting moving enemies or stationary ships in a smoke screen.
Tirpitz: Increased normal firing range of secondary battery from 4.5km to 7km
König: Accuracy sigma parameter reduced from 2 to 1.8 (Slight decrease in accuracy)
Khabarovsk: Basic rudder shift time increased from 6.1s to 11.1s
Ship Appearance Changes
We’ve improved the exteriors of the following tier X ships:
- Gearing, Des Moines, Montana, Midway, Zao, Yamato, Hakuryu, Shimakaze, Moskva, Hindenburg and Minotaur.
We improved the appearance of the in-game maps, and paid specific attention to "Hotspot" and "Neighbors."
Improved Ring, New Dawn, Trap, Islands of Ice, Islands and Trident
Haven and Ring now have weather effects which won't affect gameplay. On Ring you'll either see rain at the beginning of a battle or cloudy weather for the entire fight.
Look for a new Port for players with a Premium Account: "Dry Dock," inspired by actual shipyards like Norfolk Navy Yard from the early 1940s. "Dry Dock" replaces "Hawaii," the current Premium Port. "Hawaii" will be converted into a standard (non-Premium) Port.
Look for dynamic lighting and varying ship spawn locations in the Port -- "Dry Dock" is different from every other Port in World of Warships because it has three different spawn locations, and the point your ship appears in depends on its class and size.
Now you can adjust the dynamic lighting quality level (enabled by default) in your graphics settings: "Low," "High" and "Off"
- Fixed several Intro Mission bugs
- Fixed game crash when replaying a recorded battle
- Fixed overlapping ship name and win rate in Player Profile
- Fixed cone for torpedo bomber when there is only one aircraft left in a squadron
- Commanders from Reserve and other ships now always display after logging in again
- Minimap circles no longer display when entering a battle after the ship is destroyed
- You can now drag-select squadrons on the Tactical Map
- Game won't crash if server connection is lost as an animation plays in battle or Port
- Fixed game occasionally closing when right-clicking in Spectator mode
- Fixed game occasionally closing when switching to the windowed mode with Alt-Tab and simultaneously holding an arrow key
- Resolution no longer changes before resolution changes are confirmed
- Stopped sending post-battle surveys to players who left a battle before it ended
- Fixed bug where English text did not fit the space allocated to the login button
- Nassau: Fixed bottom armor layout (won't affect gameplay)
- Dunkerque: adjusted conning tower aft bulkhead armor from 300mm to 250mm
- Phoenix: Now able to reach maximum firing range with top Gun Fire Control System and stock guns
- Colorado: Fixed bug where spotting range exceeded firing range, now maximum spotting range equals firing range
- Tachibana: Fixed bug in which a black area sometimes appeared in Binocular View
- Kaiser, König Albert: Ensured camera switches between main battle groups when rotating if box "Automatically switch the camera between the main battery mounts" is checked -- the camera now switches between weapons in the bow and stern
- Volume adjustment of shot sound improved in Settings -- the slider adjusts the volume level more accurately now, so shot volume at the same position of the slider may vary from before the update compared to after.
With the release of Update 0.6.3, we've officially discontinued support for Windows XP and Vista. Beginning with Update 0.6.4, these operating systems will cease to be supported by the game. The decision was based on them no longer supported by Microsoft. This will allow us to optimize the game for faster and more convenient operation on modern operating systems, as we integrate new graphics technologies going forward.
We want to hear from you! Be on the lookout for pop-up notifications featuring links to a survey. It's a great opportunity to give your feedback and help us make World of Warships even better!
British battleship Hood and Japanese aircraft carrier Kaga added to game for testing by developers and supertesters.
The ships tested are not available for purchase or research in game, but you may see them in battle.
- Dunkerque available for in-game purchase with Doubloons
- Added Duca d'Aosta Commemorative Flag
- Added two different Commemorative Flags
- Added six new achievements earnable in Clash of Elements
||You were among the top 100 participants in the "Ships Sunk" category during the Clash of the Elements event.|
||You were among the top 100 participants in the "Total Damage Dealt" category during the Clash of the Elements event.|
||You were among the top 100 participants in the "Ribbons Received" category during the Clash of the Elements event.|
||You were among the top 100 participants in the "XP Earned" category during the Clash of the Elements event.|
||You were among the top 100 participants in the "Battles Won" category during the Clash of the Elements event.|
|Clash of the Elements Winner
||Play at least five (5) battles on the winning team|